1. Skoumal, M., Rodriguez, R.M., Cabot, P.L., Centellas, F., Garrido, J.A., Arias, C. and Brillas, E., "Electro-fenton, uva photoelectro-fenton and solar photoelectro-fenton degradation of the drug ibuprofen in acid aqueous medium using platinum and boron-doped diamond anodes", Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 54, No. 7, (2009), 2077-2085.
2. Brown, J., Paxeus, N., Forlin, L. and Larsson, D., "Plasma levels of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) and gemfibrozil in fish exposed to sewage effluents: Assessing the risk of discharges to aquatic environments", (2007).
3. Balcıoglu, I.A. and Otker, M., "Treatment of pharmaceutical wastewater containing antibiotics by O3 and O3/H2O2 processes", Chemosphere, Vol. 50, No. 1, (2003), 85-95.
4. Joss, A., Zabczynski, S., Gobel, A., Hoffmann, B., Loffler, D., McArdell, C.S., Ternes, T.A., Thomsen, A. and Siegrist, H., "Biological degradation of pharmaceuticals in municipal wastewater treatment: Proposing a classification scheme", Water Research, Vol. 40, No. 8, (2006), 1686-1696.
5. Chelliapan, S., Wilby, T. and Sallis, P.J., "Performance of an up-flow anaerobic stage reactor (UASR) in the treatment of pharmaceutical wastewater containing macrolide antibiotics", Water Research, Vol. 40, No. 3, (2006), 507-516.
6. Kimura, K., Hara, H. and Watanabe, Y., "Removal of pharmaceutical compounds by submerged membrane bioreactors (MBRS)", Desalination, Vol. 178, No. 1-3, (2005), 135-140.
7. Kosutic, K., Dolar, D., Asperger, D. and Kunst, B., "Removal of antibiotics from a model wastewater by RO/NF membranes", Separation and Purification Technology, Vol. 53, No. 3, (2007), 244-249.
8. Snyder, S.A., Adham, S., Redding, A.M., Cannon, F.S., DeCarolis, J., Oppenheimer, J., Wert, E.C. and Yoon, Y., "Role of membranes and activated carbon in the removal of endocrine disruptors and pharmaceuticals", Desalination, Vol. 202, No. 1-3, (2007), 156-181.
9. Davarnejad, R. and Sahraei, A., "Industrial wastewater treatment using an electrochemical technique: An optimized process", Desalination and Water Treatment, Vol. 57, No. 21, (2016), 9622-9634.
10. Thirugnanasambandham, K., Sivakumar, V. and Maran, J.P., "Application of chitosan as an adsorbent to treat rice mill wastewater—mechanism, modelling and optimization", Carbohydrate Polymers, Vol. 97, No. 2, (2013), 451-457.
11. Paramo-Vargas, J., Camargo, A.M.E., Gutierrez-Granados, S., Godinez, L.A. and Peralta-Hernandez, J.M., "Applying electro-fenton process as an alternative to a slaughterhouse effluent treatment", Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Vol. 754, No., (2015), 80-86.
12. Mert, B.K., Yonar, T., Kilic, M.Y. and Kestioglu, K., "Pre-treatment studies on olive oil mill effluent using physicochemical, fenton and fenton-like oxidations processes", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 174, No. 1, (2010), 122-128.
13. Brillas, E., Mur, E., Sauleda, R., Sanchez, L., Peral, J., Domènech, X. and Casado, J., "Aniline mineralization by aop's: Anodic oxidation, photocatalysis, electro-fenton and photoelectro-fenton processes", Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, Vol. 16, No. 1, (1998), 31-42.
14. Zhang, H., Choi, H.J. and Huang, C.-P., "Optimization of fenton process for the treatment of landfill leachate", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 125, No. 1, (2005), 166-174.
15. Illés, E., Takács, E., Dombi, A., Gajda-Schrantz, K., Rácz, G., Gonter, K. and Wojnárovits, L., "Hydroxyl radical induced degradation of ibuprofen", Science of the Total Environment, Vol. 447, No., (2013), 286-292.
16. Scheytt, T., Mersmann, P., Lindstädt, R. and Heberer, T., "Determination of sorption coefficients of pharmaceutically active substances carbamazepine, diclofenac, and ibuprofen, in sandy sediments", Chemosphere, Vol. 60, No. 2, (2005), 245-253.
17. Davarnejad, R. and Hosseinitabar, P., "Application of iron electrode in textile industry wastewater treatment using electro-fenton technique: Experimental and statistical study", International Journal of Engineering-Transactions A: Basics, Vol. 29, No. 7, (2016), 887-895.
18. Suárez-Escobar, A., Pataquiva-Mateus, A. and Lopez-Vasquez, A., "Electrocoagulation—photocatalytic process for the treatment of lithographic wastewater. Optimization using response surface methodology (RSM) and kinetic study", Catalysis Today, Vol. 266, (2016), 120-125.
19. Davarnejad, R. and Nikseresht, M., "Dairy wastewater treatment using an electrochemical method: Experimental and statistical study", Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Vol. 775, (2016), 364-373.
20. Kabuk, H.A., İlhan, F., Avsar, Y., Kurt, U., Apaydin, O. and Gonullu, M.T., "Investigation of leachate treatment with electrocoagulation and optimization by response surface methodology", CLEAN–Soil, Air, Water, Vol. 42, No. 5, (2014), 571-577.
21. El-Ghenymy, A., Garcia-Segura, S., Rodriguez, R.M., Brillas, E., El Begrani, M.S. and Abdelouahid, B.A., "Optimization of the electro-fenton and solar photoelectro-fenton treatments of sulfanilic acid solutions using a pre-pilot flow plant by response surface methodology", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 221, (2012), 288-297.
22. Kushwaha, J.P., Srivastava, V.C. and Mall, I.D., "Organics removal from dairy wastewater by electrochemical treatment and residue disposal", Separation and Purification Technology, Vol. 76, No. 2, (2010), 198-205.
23. Davarnejad, R., Mohammadi, M. and Ismail, A.F., "Petrochemical wastewater treatment by electro-fenton process using aluminum and iron electrodes: Statistical comparison", Journal of Water Process Engineering, Vol. 3, (2014), 18-25.
24. Körbahti, B.K., Aktaş, N. and Tanyolaç, A., "Optimization of electrochemical treatment of industrial paint wastewater with response surface methodology", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 148, No. 1, (2007), 83-90.
25. Deng, Y., "Physical and oxidative removal of organics during fenton treatment of mature municipal landfill leachate", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 146, No. 1, (2007), 334-340.
26. Shafieiyoun, S., Ebadi, T. and Nikazar, M., "Treatment of landfill leachate by fenton process with nano sized zero valent iron particles", International Journal of Environmental Research, Vol. 6, No. 1, (2012), 119-128.
27. Gameel, A., Malash, G., Mubarak, A. and Hussein, M., "Treatment of spent caustic from ethylene plant using electro-fenton technique", American Journal of Environmental Engineering and Science, Vol. 2, No. 4, (2015), 37.
28. Moussavi, G. and Aqanaghad, M., "Performance evaluation of electro-fenton process for pretreatment and biodegradability improvement of a pesticide manufacturing plant effluent", Sustain Environ Res, Vol. 25, (2015), 249-254.
29. Mohajeri, S., Aziz, H.A., Isa, M.H., Zahed, M.A. and Adlan, M.N., "Statistical optimization of process parameters for landfill leachate treatment using electro-fenton technique", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 176, No. 1, (2010), 749-758.
30. Bensadok, K., El Hanafi, N. and Lapicque, F., "Electrochemical treatment of dairy effluent using combined al and ti/pt electrodes system", Desalination, Vol. 280, No. 1, (2011), 244-251.
31. Lee, H. and Shoda, M., "Removal of cod and color from livestock wastewater by the fenton method", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 153, No. 3, (2008), 1314-1319.
32. Méndez-Arriaga, F., Torres-Palma, R., Pétrier, C., Esplugas, S., Gimenez, J. and Pulgarin, C., "Ultrasonic treatment of water contaminated with ibuprofen", Water Research, Vol. 42, No. 16, (2008), 4243-4248.
33. Méndez-Arriaga, F., Maldonado, M.I., Gimenez, J., Esplugas, S. and Malato, S., "Abatement of ibuprofen by solar photocatalysis process: Enhancement and scale up", Catalysis Today, Vol. 144, No. 1, (2009), 112-116.
34. Mendez-Arriaga, F., Esplugas, S. and Gimenez, J., "Degradation of the emerging contaminant ibuprofen in water by photo-fenton", Water Research, Vol. 44, No. 2, (2010), 589-595.