1. A. Charif, S. M. Mourad, and M. I. Khan, “Flexural behavior of
beams reinforced with steel bars exceeding the nominal yield
strength,” Latin American Journal of Solids and Structures,
Vol. 13, No. 5 (2016), 945-963.
2. H. Chen, C. Qian, C. Liang, and W. Kang, “An approach for
predicting the compressive strength of cement-based materials
exposed to sulfate attack,” PLOS One, Vol. 13, No. 1, (2018), 1–11.
3. S. Wen and D. D. L. Chung, “Self-sensing of flexural damage
and strain in carbon fiber reinforced cement and effect of
embedded steel reinforcing bars,” Carbon New York, 2006.
4. N. van de Werken, M. S. Reese, M. R. Taha, and M. Tehrani,
“Investigating the effects of fiber surface treatment and
alignment on mechanical properties of recycled carbon fiber
composites,” Composites Part A: Applied Science and
Manufacturing, Vol. 119, (2019), 38-47.
5. B. Xiong, Z. Wang, C. Wang, Y. Xiong, and C. Cai, “Effects of
short carbon fiber content on microstructure and mechanical
property of short carbon fiber reinforced Nb/Nb5Si3
composites,” Intermetallics, Vol. 106, (2019), 59-64.
6. Y. Wang, S. Zhang, D. Luo, and X. Shi, “Effect of chemically
modified recycled carbon fiber composite on the mechanical
properties of cementitious mortar,” Composites Part B:
Engineering, Vol. 173, (2019), 106853.
7. H. J. Kim and J. H. Song, “Improvement in the mechanical
properties of carbon and aramid composites by fiber surface
modification using polydopamine,” Composites Part B:
Engineering, Vol. 160, (2019), 31-36.
8. F. Azhari and N. Banthia, “Cement & Concrete Composites
Cement-based sensors with carbon fibers and carbon nanotubes
for piezoresistive sensing,” Cement and Concrete Composites,
Vol. 34, 866–873.
9. X. Fu and D. D. L. Chung, “Effect of curing age on the selfmonitoring
10. A. S. El-dieb, M. A. El-ghareeb, M. A. H. Abdel-rahman, and E.
S. A. Nasr, “Multifunctional electrically conductive concrete
using di ff erent fi llers,” Journal of Building Engineering, Vol.
15, (2018), 61–69.
11] S. H. Lee, S. Kim, and D. Yoo, “Hybrid effects of steel fiber and
carbon nanotube on self-sensing capability of ultra-highperformance
concrete,” Construction and Building Materials,
Vol. 185, (2018), 530-544.
12. O. Galao, F. J. Baeza, E. Zornoza, and P. Garcés, “Strain and
damage sensing properties on multifunctional cement
composites with CNF admixture,” Cement and Concrete
Composites, Vol. 46, (2014), 90-98.
13. C. Methods, A. Mech, E. García-macías, R. Castro-triguero, A.
Sáez, and F. Ubertini, “ScienceDirect 3D mixed
micromechanics-FEM modeling of piezoresistive carbon
nanotube smart concrete,” Computer Methods in Applied
Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 340, (2018), 396-423.
14. F. Javier Baeza, D. D. L. Chung, E. Zornoza, L. G. Andión, and
P. Garcés, “Triple percolation in concrete reinforced with carbon
fiber,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 107 No. 4, (2010).
15. S. Wen and D. D. L. Chung, “Piezoresistivity-based strain
sensing in carbon fiber-reinforced cement,” ACI Materials
Journal, Vol. 104, No. 2 (2007), 171-178.
16. P. W. Chen and D. D. L. Chung, “Concrete as a new strain/stress
sensor”, Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 1
17. S. Wen and D. D. L. Chung, “Strain-sensing characteristics of
carbon fiber-reinforced cement,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol.
104, No. 2 (2005), 244-250.
18. H. K. Kim, I. W. Nam, and H. K. Lee, “Enhanced effect of
carbon nanotube on mechanical and electrical properties of
cement composites by incorporation of silica fume,” Composite
Structures, Vol. 107 (2014), 60-69.
19. J. Hoheneder, I. Flores-Vivian, Z. Lin, P. Zilberman, and K.
Sobolev, “The performance of stress-sensing smart fiber
reinforced composites in moist and sodium chloride
environments,” Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol. 73,
20. F. Reza, G. B. Batson, J. A. Yamamuro, and J. S. Lee,
“Resistance Changes during Compression of Carbon Fiber
Cement Composites,” Journal of Materials in Civil
Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 5, (2003), 476-483.
21. F. J. Baeza, O. Galao, E. Zornoza, and P. Garcés, “Effect of
aspect ratio on strain sensing capacity of carbon fiber reinforced
cement composites,” Materials & Design, Vol. 51, (2013),
22. M. S. Konsta-Gdoutos and C. A. Aza, “Self sensing carbon
nanotube (CNT) and nanofiber (CNF) cementitious composites
for real time damage assessment in smart structures,” Cement
and Concrete Composites, Vol. 53, (2014), 162-169.