1. Oh, S.-Y., Seo, Y.-D., Kim, B., Kim, I.Y. and Cha, D.K., "Microbial reduction of nitrate in the presence of zero-valent iron and biochar", Bioresource Technology, Vol. 200, (2016), 891-896.
2. Luo, J., Song, G., Liu, J., Qian, G. and Xu, Z.P., "Mechanism of enhanced nitrate reduction via micro-electrolysis at the powdered zero-valent iron/activated carbon interface", Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 435, (2014), 21-25.
3. FADAEE, T.M., VOSOUGHI, M., SHAMSAEI, A. and NOORI, M., "Improvement in groundwater resources contaminated with nitrate using nano zero valent iron/nickel particles", (2015).
4. Li, J., Li, Y. and Meng, Q., "Removal of nitrate by zero-valent iron and pillared bentonite", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 174, No. 1, (2010), 188-193.
5. Hwang, Y.-H., Kim, D.-G. and Shin, H.-S., "Mechanism study of nitrate reduction by nano zero valent iron", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 185, No. 2, (2011), 1513-1521.
6. Nunell, G., Fernandez, M., Bonelli, P. and Cukierman, A., "Nitrate uptake improvement by modified activated carbons developed from two species of pine cones", Journal of colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 440, (2015), 102-108.
7. Zhang, H., Jiang, J., Li, M., Yan, F., Gong, C. and Wang, Q., "Biological nitrate removal using a food waste-derived carbon source in synthetic wastewater and real sewage", Journal of Environmental Management, Vol. 166, (2016), 407-413.
8. Hekmatzadeh, A., Karimi-Jashani, A., Talebbeydokhti, N. and Kløve, B., "Modeling of nitrate removal for ion exchange resin in batch and fixed bed experiments", Desalination, Vol. 284, No., (2012), 22-31.
9. Rodríguez-Maroto, J., García-Herruzo, F., García-Rubio, A., Gómez-Lahoz, C. and Vereda-Alonso, C., "Kinetics of the chemical reduction of nitrate by zero-valent iron", Chemosphere, Vol. 74, No. 6, (2009), 804-809.
10. SHAH, P.M., Raghimi, M. and Khademi, M., "The environmental impact of urban development on nitrate contamination of groundwater resources in gorgan district, ne iran", (2005).
11. Organization, W.H., "Guidelines for drinking-water quality [electronic resource]: Incorporating 1st and 2nd addenda, vol. 1, recommendations", (2008).
12. Ayala, A., Leal, L., Ferrer, L. and Cerdà, V., "Multiparametric automated system for sulfate, nitrite and nitrate monitoring in drinking water and wastewater based on sequential injection analysis", Microchemical Journal, Vol. 100, (2012), 55-60.
13. Bhatnagar, A. and Sillanpää, M., "A review of emerging adsorbents for nitrate removal from water", Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 168, No. 2, (2011), 493-504.
14. Kalaruban, M., Loganathan, P., Shim, W., Kandasamy, J., Naidu, G., Nguyen, T.V. and Vigneswaran, S., "Removing nitrate from water using iron-modified dowex 21k xlt ion exchange resin: Batch and fluidised-bed adsorption studies", Separation and Purification Technology, Vol. 158, (2016), 62-70.
15. Samatya, S., Kabay, N., Yüksel, Ü., Arda, M. and Yüksel, M., "Removal of nitrate from aqueous solution by nitrate selective ion exchange resins", Reactive and Functional Polymers, Vol. 66, No. 11, (2006), 1206-1214.
16. Schoeman, J. and Steyn, A., "Nitrate removal with reverse osmosis in a rural area in south africa", Desalination, Vol. 155, No. 1, (2003), 15-26.
17. Li, M., Feng, C., Zhang, Z., Yang, S. and Sugiura, N., "Treatment of nitrate contaminated water using an electrochemical method", Bioresource Technology, Vol. 101, No. 16, (2010), 6553-6557.
18. Liu, Y., Li, S., Chen, Z., Megharaj, M. and Naidu, R., "Influence of zero-valent iron nanoparticles on nitrate removal by paracoccus sp", Chemosphere, Vol. 108, (2014), 426-432.
19. Shi, J., Yi, S., He, H., Long, C. and Li, A., "Preparation of nanoscale zero-valent iron supported on chelating resin with nitrogen donor atoms for simultaneous reduction of Pb2+ and", Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 230, (2013), 166-171.
20. Cho, D.-W., Song, H., Schwartz, F.W., Kim, B. and Jeon, B.-H., "The role of magnetite nanoparticles in the reduction of nitrate in groundwater by zero-valent iron", Chemosphere, Vol. 125, (2015), 41-49.
21. Ota, K., Amano, Y., Aikawa, M. and Machida, M., "Removal of nitrate ions from water by activated carbons (ACS)—influence of surface chemistry of acs and coexisting chloride and sulfate ions", Applied Surface Science, Vol. 276, (2013), 838-842.
22. Guo, X., Yang, Z., Liu, H., Lv, X., Tu, Q., Ren, Q., Xia, X. and Jing, C., "Common oxidants activate the reactivity of zero-valent iron (zvi) and hence remarkably enhance nitrate reduction from water", Separation and Purification Technology, Vol. 146, No., (2015), 227-234.
23. Mohammadi, A., Alinejad, A., Kamarehie, B., Javan, S., Ghaderpoury, A., Ahmadpour, M. and Ghaderpoori, M., "Metal-organic framework uio-66 for adsorption of methylene blue dye from aqueous solutions", International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, No. 1-10.
24. Kassaee, M., Motamedi, E., Mikhak, A. and Rahnemaie, R., "Nitrate removal from water using iron nanoparticles produced by arc discharge vs. Reduction", Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 166, No. 2, (2011), 490-495.
25. Nunell, G., Fernández, M., Bonelli, P. and Cukierman, A., "Conversion of biomass from an invasive species into activated carbons for removal of nitrate from wastewater", Biomass and Bioenergy, Vol. 44, No., (2012), 87-95.
26. Liu, H.-Y., Wang, K.-P. and Teng, H., "A simplified preparation of mesoporous carbon and the examination of the carbon accessibility for electric double layer formation", Carbon, Vol. 43, No. 3, (2005), 559-566.
27. Tofighy, M.A. and Mohammadi, T., "Nitrate removal from water using functionalized carbon nanotube sheets", Chemical Engineering Research and Design, Vol. 90, No. 11, (2012), 1815-1822.
28. Shahmoradi, M., Amin Zade, B., Torabian, A. and Seyedsalehi, M., "Removal of nitrate from ground water using activated carbon prepared from rice husk and sludge of paper industry wastewater treatment", ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 10, No. 17, (2015), 7856-7863.
29. Omidi, Y., Kamareei, B., Nourmoradi, H., Basiri, H. and Heidari, S., "Hexadecyl trimethyl ammonium bromide-modified montmorillonite as a low-cost sorbent for the removal of methyl red from liquid-medium", International Journal of Engineering-Transactions A: Basics, Vol. 29, No. 1, (2016), 60.
30. Haidari, S., Kamarehie, B., Jafari, A., Birjandi, M. and Afrasyabi, S., "Oxalic acid degradation from aqueous solution using ozonation process in the presence of magnesium oxide nanoparticles catalyst stabilized on activated carbon", International Journal of Environmental Health Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 1, (2016), 23-30.
31. Amin, N.K., "Removal of reactive dye from aqueous solutions by adsorption onto activated carbons prepared from sugarcane bagasse pith", Desalination, Vol. 223, No. 1-3, (2008), 152-161.
32. Mortazavi, B., Rasuli, L. and Kazemian, H., "Reduction of hexavalent chromium fromaqueous solution using modified zeolite cationic surfactant", Iranian Journal of Health and Environment, Vol. 3, No. 1, (2010), 37-46.
33. Silva, J.P., Sousa, S., Rodrigues, J., Antunes, H., Porter, J.J., Gonçalves, I. and Ferreira-Dias, S., "Adsorption of acid orange 7 dye in aqueous solutions by spent brewery grains", Separation and Purification Technology, Vol. 40, No. 3, (2004), 309-315.
34. Moussavi, G., Aghapour, A.A. and Yaghmaeian, K., "The degradation and mineralization of catechol using ozonation catalyzed with mgo/gac composite in a fluidized bed reactor", Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 249, (2014), 302-310.
35. Park, S.-J. and Jang, Y.-S., "Pore structure and surface properties of chemically modified activated carbons for adsorption mechanism and rate of cr (vi)", Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 249, No. 2, (2002), 458-463.
36. Ahmaruzzaman, M., "Adsorption of phenolic compounds on low-cost adsorbents: A review", Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 143, No. 1, (2008), 48-67.
37. Khan, M.A., Ahn, Y.-T., Kumar, M., Lee, W., Min, B., Kim, G., Cho, D.-W., Park, W.B. and Jeon, B.-H., "Adsorption studies for the removal of nitrate using modified lignite granular activated carbon", Separation Science and Technology, Vol. 46, No. 16, (2011), 2575-2584.
38. Bhatnagar, A., Ji, M., Choi, Y.H., Jung, W., Lee, S.H., Kim, S.J., Lee, G., Suk, H., Kim, H.S. and Min, B., "Removal of nitrate from water by adsorption onto zinc chloride treated activated carbon", Separation Science and Technology, Vol. 43, No. 4, (2008), 886-907.
39. Lee, W., "Adsorption studies for the removal of nitrate using modified lignite granular activated carbon", Yonsei University, (2011),
40. Dai, Y., Hu, Y., Jiang, B., Zou, J., Tian, G. and Fu, H., "Carbothermal synthesis of ordered mesoporous carbon-supported nano zero-valent iron with enhanced stability and activity for hexavalent chromium reduction", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 309, (2016), 249-258.
41. Öztürk, N. and Bektaş, T.E., "Nitrate removal from aqueous solution by adsorption onto various materials", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 112, No. 1, (2004), 155-162.
42. Demiral, H. and Gündüzoğlu, G., "Removal of nitrate from aqueous solutions by activated carbon prepared from sugar beet bagasse", Bioresource Technology, Vol. 101, No. 6, (2010), 1675-1680.
43. Mohammadi, A.S. and Sardar, M., "The removal of penicillin g from aqueous solutions using chestnut shell modified with h2so4: Isotherm and kinetic study", Iranian Journal of Health and Environment, Vol. 5, No. 4, (2013), 497-508.
44. Mullai, P. and Vishali, S., "Biodegradation of penicillin-g wastewater using phanerochate chrysosporium–an equilibrium and kinetic modeling", African Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 6, No. 12, (2007).
45. Ho, Y.-S., "Review of second-order models for adsorption systems", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 136, No. 3, (2006), 681-689.