1. Tixier, N., Guibaud, G. and Baudu, M., "Towards a rheological parameter for activated sludge bulking characterisation", Enzyme and Microbial Technology, Vol. 33, No. 2, (2003), 292-298.
2. Tian, Y., Chen, L., Zhang, S., Cao, C. and Zhang, S., "Correlating membrane fouling with sludge characteristics in membrane bioreactors: An especial interest in eps and sludge morphology analysis", Bioresource Technology, Vol. 102, No. 19, (2011), 8820-8827.
3. Lin, H., Zhang, M., Wang, F., Meng, F., Liao, B.-Q., Hong, H., Chen, J. and Gao, W., "A critical review of extracellular polymeric substances (EPSS) in membrane bioreactors: Characteristics, roles in membrane fouling and control strategies", Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 460, (2014), 110-125.
4. Krzeminski, P., Leverette, L., Malamis, S. and Katsou, E., "Membrane bioreactors–a review on recent developments in energy reduction, fouling control, novel configurations, lca and market prospects", Journal of Membrane Science, (2016).
5. Meng, F., Zhang, S., Oh, Y., Zhou, Z., Shin, H.-S. and Chae, S.-R., "Fouling in membrane bioreactors: An updated review", Water Research, Vol. 114, (2017), 151-180.
6. Isma, M.A., Idris, A., Omar, R. and Razreena, A.P., "Effects of srt and hrt on treatment performance of mbr and membrane fouling", International Journal of Chemical, Molecular, Nuclear, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, Vol. 8, (2014), 485-489.
7. Deng, L., Guo, W., Ngo, H.H., Zhang, H., Wang, J., Li, J., Xia, S. and Wu, Y., "Biofouling and control approaches in membrane bioreactors", Bioresource Technology, Vol. 221, (2016), 656-665.
8. Meng, F., Chae, S.-R., Drews, A., Kraume, M., Shin, H.-S. and Yang, F., "Recent advances in membrane bioreactors (mbrs): Membrane fouling and membrane material", Water Research, Vol. 43, No. 6, (2009), 1489-1512.
9. Liao, B., Allen, D., Droppo, I., Leppard, G. and Liss, S., "Surface properties of sludge and their role in bioflocculation and settleability", Water Research, Vol. 35, No. 2, (2001), 339-350.
10. Sheng, G.-P., Yu, H.-Q. and Li, X.-Y., "Extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) of microbial aggregates in biological wastewater treatment systems: A review", Biotechnology Advances, Vol. 28, No. 6, (2010), 882-894.
11. Jin, B., Wilén, B.-M. and Lant, P., "A comprehensive insight into floc characteristics and their impact on compressibility and settleability of activated sludge", Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 95, No. 1, (2003), 221-234.
12. Wilén, B.-M., Lumley, D., Mattsson, A. and Mino, T., "Relationship between floc composition and flocculation and settling properties studied at a full scale activated sludge plant", Water Research, Vol. 42, No. 16, (2008), 4404-4418.
13. Peng, G., Ye, F. and Li, Y., "Investigation of extracellular polymer substances (EPS) and physicochemical properties of activated sludge from different municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants", Environmental Technology, Vol. 33, No. 8, (2012), 857-863.
14. Ma, Z., Lei, T., Ji, X., Gao, X. and Gao, C., "Submerged membrane bioreactor for vegetable oil wastewater treatment", Chemical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 38, No. 1, (2015), 101-109.
15. Abdollahzadeh Sharghi, E., Shorgashti, A. and Bonakdarpour, B., "The study of organic removal efficiency and membrane fouling in a submerged membrane bioreactor treating vegetable oil wastewater", International Journal of Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 12, (2016), 1341-1348.
16. Aslan, S., Alyüz, B., Bozkurt, Z. and Bakaoglu, M., "Characterization and biological treatability of edible oil wastewaters", Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, Vol. 18, No. 4, (2009).
17. Dohare, D. and Meshram, R., "Biological treatment of edible oil refinery wastewater using activated sludge process and sequencing batch reactors - a review", International Journal of Engineering Research and Science & Technology, Vol. 3, (2014), 251-260.
18. Sharghi, E.A., Bonakdarpour, B., Roustazade, P., Amoozegar, M.A. and Rabbani, A.R., "The biological treatment of high salinity synthetic oilfield produced water in a submerged membrane bioreactor using a halophilic bacterial consortium", Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, Vol. 88, No. 11, (2013), 2016-2026.
19. Federation, W.E. and Association, A.P.H., "Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater", American Public Health Association (APHA): Washington, DC, USA, (2005).
20. Sharghi, E.A. and Bonakdarpour, B., "The study of organic removal efficiency and halophilic bacterial mixed liquor characteristics in a membrane bioreactor treating hypersaline produced water at varying organic loading rates", Bioresource Technology, Vol. 149, (2013), 486-495.
21. Chang, I., Lee, C. and Ahn, K., "Membrane filtration characteristics in membrane-coupled activated sludge system: The effect of floc structure on membrane fouling", Separation Science and Technology, Vol. 34, No. 9, (1999), 1743-1758.
22. Hemmati, A., Dolatabad, M.M., Naeimpoor, F., Pak, A. and Mohammdi, T., "Effect of hydraulic retention time and temperature on submerged membrane bioreactor (SMBR) performance", Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 3, (2012), 369-376.
23. Ozturk, I., San, H. and Eroglu, V., "Pilot and full scale treatability studies on wastewaters from an edible oil refining industry", in Proceedings of the Industrial Waste Conference, Purdue University (USA)., (1990).
24. Degenaar, A., Ismail, A. and Bux, F., "Comparative evaluation of the microbial community in biological processes treating industrial and domestic wastewaters", Journal of Applied Microbiology, Vol. 104, No. 2, (2008), 353-363.
25. Azbar, N. and Yonar, T., "Comparative evaluation of a laboratory and full-scale treatment alternatives for the vegetable oil refining industry wastewater (VORW)", Process Biochemistry, Vol. 39, No. 7, (2004), 869-875.
26. Pintor, A.M., Martins, A.G., Souza, R.S., Vilar, V.J., Botelho, C.M. and Boaventura, R.A., "Treatment of vegetable oil refinery wastewater by sorption of oil and grease onto regranulated cork–a study in batch and continuous mode", Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 268, (2015), 92-101.
27. Qin, L., Fan, Z., Xu, L., Zhang, G., Wang, G., Wu, D., Long, X. and Meng, Q., "A submerged membrane bioreactor with pendulum type oscillation (PTO) for oily wastewater treatment: Membrane permeability and fouling control", Bioresource Technology, Vol. 183, (2015), 33-41.