1. Meidanshahi, V., Jahanmiri, A. and Rahimpour, M.R., "Modeling and optimization of two stage ac electrostatic desalter", Separation Science and Technology, Vol. 47, No. 1, (2012), 30-42.
2. Cunha, R.E., Fortuny, M., Dariva, C. and Santos, A.F., "Mathematical modeling of the destabilization of crude oil emulsions using population balance equation", Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Vol. 47, No. 18, (2008), 7094-7103.
3. Schuster, D., "Encyclopedia of emulsion technology: Basic theory, measurement, applications, CRC Press, Vol. 3, (1987).
4. Marquez-Silva, R., Key, S., Marino, J., Guzman, C. and Buitriago, S., "Chemical dehydration: Correlations between crude oil, associated water and demulsifier characteristics, in real systems", in International Symposium on Oilfield Chemistry, Society of Petroleum Engineers., (1997).
5. Venezuela, J.-L.S., "The fundamental basis for the action of a chemical dehydrant. Influence of the physical and chemical formulation on the stability of an emulsion", International Chemical Engineering, Vol. 30, No. 1, (1990), 103-116.
6. Bourrel, M., Salager, J., Schechter, R. and Wade, W., "A correlation for phase behavior of nonionic surfactants", Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 75, No. 2, (1980), 451-461.
7. Al-Sabagh, A., Noor El-Din, M., Abo-El Fotouh, S. and Nasser, N., "Investigation of the demulsification efficiency of some ethoxylated polyalkylphenol formaldehydes based on locally obtained materials to resolve water-in-oil emulsions", Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, Vol. 30, No. 2, (2009), 267-276.
8. Grimes, B., "Population balance model for batch gravity separation of crude oil and water emulsions. Part i: Model formulation", Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, Vol. 33, No. 4, (2012), 578-590.
9. Grimes, B., Dorao, C., Opedal, N., Kralova, I., Sørland, G. and Sjöblom, J., "Population balance model for batch gravity separation of crude oil and water emulsions. Part ii: Comparison to experimental crude oil separation data", Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, Vol. 33, No. 4, (2012), 591-598.
10. Atta, A.M., Al-Lohedan, H.A., Abdullah, M.M. and ElSaeed, S.M., "Application of new amphiphilic ionic liquid based on ethoxylated octadecylammonium tosylate as demulsifier and petroleum crude oil spill dispersant", Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, Vol. 33, (2016), 122-130.
11. Nikkhah, M., Tohidian, T., Rahimpour, M.R. and Jahanmiri, A., "Efficient demulsification of water-in-oil emulsion by a novel nano-titania modified chemical demulsifier", Chemical Engineering Research and Design, Vol. 94, (2015), 164-172.
12. Nagarajan, R. and Ruckenstein, E., "Theory of surfactant self-assembly: A predictive molecular thermodynamic approach", Langmuir, Vol. 7, No. 12, (1991), 2934-2969.
13. Zhang, X., Basaran, O.A. and Wham, R.M., "Theoretical prediction of electric field‐enhanced coalescence of spherical drops", AIChE Journal, Vol. 41, No. 7, (1995), 1629-1639.
14. Manga, M. and Stone, H., "Collective hydrodynamics of deformable drops and bubbles in dilute low reynolds number suspensions", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 300, (1995), 231-263.
15. Kumar, S. and Ramkrishna, D., "On the solution of population balance equations by discretization—i. A fixed pivot technique", Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 51, No. 8, (1996), 1311-1332.